If you have a buzzing, ringing or hissing in your ears which is not caused by an external sound, you probably have tinnitus.
Common causes of tinnitus include hearing loss, exposure to loud noises, listening to loud music for extended periods of time, a build up of earwax, head injury, stress and the side effects of medication.
We will undertake appropriate tests to determine the extent and impact of your tinnitus, before discussing a recommended treatment plan to ensure that your tinnitus is managed as effectively as possible accordingly to your individual condition and lifestyle. If appropriate we may refer you to other health professionals, organisations or groups in order to best address your condition.
To book your appointment please call us on 01732 525912
“Highly qualified, incredibly skilled and extremely reliable. I can highly recommend Dr Carling.”
About your appointment
When you call to book we will ask you some initial questions to determine your condition and to help guide the structure of your appointment. We may also ask you to complete some questions online, prior to your appointment taking place.
On the day of your appointment, we will review your past medical and hearing history and undertake a clinical examination of your ears. Based on the results of this, she will select a range of tests to determine the extent and severity of your condition.
We will then discuss the test results and the most relevant treatment options available to you so that you can make an informed choice on how to proceed. You are welcome to bring your partner to your appointment should you wish to do so.
Did you know?
- Tinnitus can manifest itself in many different ways. It can be a single noise or have multiple components. Sometimes it can even sound like your heartbeat!
- Tinnitus can affect anyone at any stage of life, including children.
- Occasionally, some people with tinnitus can hear a familiar song or music playing. This is known as musical tinnitus
- Tinnitus is an extremely common condition, with 1 in 8 UK adults suffering persistent tinnitus.
- Stress can impact greatly on the extent of the difficulties people may experience with tinnitus. The higher the level of stress experienced, the greater the chance of being troubled by tinnitus
All hearing tests are undertaken in our relaxing and comfortable Kings Hill clinic, using the very latest technologies available.